31 March 2016

Ethel Annie Cardwell 1875-1965

ethel-hamilton-nee-cardwell

Further to my previous post about the Cardwell Family here I’ve been able to identify another daughter for William Francis Cardwell and Annie Florence neé Fetherstonhaugh. I hadn’t been able to find anything about Ethel being their daughter previously but today was able to view William’s will in which he listed all his living children and Ethel Annie was one of them.

Ethel Annie Cardwell was born about 1875 in County Armagh, on the 5 Jun 1900 she married Thomas James Canterbury Hamilton in Belfast. I’ve found two children for them so far, one is Douglas J K born about 1905 and the other is Maureen Ethel Patricia born about 1902. I couldn’t find a marriage for Maureen but I did find this entry in the UK Medical Registers:-

maureen-riordan

Both Thomas & Ethel Annie Hamilton are buried in the Knockbreda Cemetery in Belfast.

hamilton-headstone

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dawn Scotting
pandora[at]kc.net.nz

No comments: