14 June 2009

Jessie Irene Starnes 1897-1964

jessie-starnes-small

Here we have a cute little girl with big blue eyes in a sailor's hat, written on the back is 'Jessie Starnes'. With no photographer's name or any other information I really don't know if it was taken in NZ or not so it remains to be seen if this is her or not.

Jessie Irene Starnes was born on 2 Apr 1897 in Motueka, Nelson, the daughter of Thomas Briggs Stephen Starnes and Sarah Jane née Haines, the eighth of eleven children born in NZ. Jessie died on 11 Jan 1964 in Waimea West, I don't know if she ever married, I can't find her death reg under Starnes so perhaps she did, I found the information on this website. 

References:
NZ BDM Records

If anyone knows anything about Jessie please do contact me, I would love to hear from you. All the information on this family may also be seen on WorldConnect here.

Dawn Scotting
pandora@kc.net.nz

No comments: